ACW World Air Cargo Award’s gala night of the airfreight stars saw the winners announced after more than 10,000 voters worldwide had cast their votes in a new format where a shortlist was developed and then voted on.
In a packed ballroom at the four-star downtown Munich hotel The Grand Westin, award winners, supporters and the elite of the global airfreight industry watched as winner after winner took to the stage to pick up a trophy for winning a hotly contested category.
The audience in the ballroom at the hotel enjoyed the evening on the middle day of the four-day event.
Paris-based GSA ECS Group managed the double by picking up awards for Air Cargo General Sales Agent and the Industry Marketing & Promotional Campaign Award as well as introducing the winners of its global search for new airfreight talent to the industry.
The winners were:
- Airfreight forwarder of the year – Panalpina
- Air cargo handling agent of the year – Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals (Hactl)
- Air cargo charter broker of the year – Air Charter Service
- Airport of the year – Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Air cargo GSA of the year – ECS Group
- Air cargo industry achievement of the year – Air France KLM Martinair Cargo
- Air cargo industry customer care award – Cargolux Airlines International
- IT for the air cargo industry award – WebCargo
- Marketing and promotional award – ECS Group
- Cargo airline of the year – Air France KLM Martinair Cargo