In this extremely challenging and unprecedented year, we are so very proud to announce the winners of the Air Cargo Week World Air Cargo Awards 2020.
- Airfreight forwarder of the year – DB Schenker
- Air cargo handling agent of the year – Swissport
- Air cargo charter broker of the year – Air Charter Service
- Airport of the year – Brussels Airport
- Air cargo GSA of the year – Air Logistics Group
- Air cargo industry achievement of the year – Singapore Airlines Cargo
- Air cargo industry customer care award – Air Cargo Belgium
- IT for the air cargo industry award – Webcargo
- Marketing and promotional award – IATA
- Cargo airline of the year – Air France KLM Martinair
Unfortunately, the current COVID-19 pandemic situation meant we were not able to hold the Awards in Shanghai as planned as Air Cargo China was cancelled.
We had subsequently made plans to present the Awards at the Air Cargo Forum in Miami in November but that too was sadly cancelled.
Back in October of last year, nominations were invited from any person or company for each of the ten categories; and were submitted up to 13th December 2019. Voting for the nominees then opened on 10th January this year via aircargoweek.com and closed on 30th April. Those votes were counted and verified by our independent adjudicator.
In order to keep some of the Gala Dinner traditions, we sent the winners their certificates and asked them to proudly take a photo and submit it so we could publish it as if we were there. It seemed in-keeping with the remote working that has become the norm for many of us these days that the certificates be presented to the worthy winners virtually. And we are very happy to share these pictures with you!
Many congratulations to the winners, and to all the nominated companies.
During this entire epidemic, there has been one certainty above all others – the necessity for airfreight. Companies like yourselves have helped move urgent consignments – not just of PPE and other medical items, but also goods crucial to just-in-time global supply chains – saving many thousands of lives. You are all heroes.
Just as one event comes to a close, a new chapter will soon begin for 2021…..
Nominations will open for the Air Cargo Week World Air Cargo Awards 2021 on Monday 19th October. Please keep a close on this page for further details.