To mark our 1,000th issue, Air Cargo Week is launching the Airfreight A-List. We are looking for individuals, companies, trade bodies or associations, airlines, airports, in fact anyone or anything, that will influence and change airfreight over the next years and decades or who are simply at the top of their profession.
Despite the industry being a multi-billion operation employing hundreds of thousands worldwide, some individuals, companies and trade bodies are driving change and shaping the direction of the industry Air Cargo Week will continue to report on for years to come.
We would like to create a special A-List of the individuals or companies that you feel are setting the agenda, being disrupters or marking a new direction in the industry.
Just nominate the individual, company, trade body or association, airline, airport, 3PL, educator that you think is setting agenda. This is not a vote. The editor will select the list from the nominations received.
ACW editor James Graham says: “This is more than a popularity contest. We are looking to list those individuals, companies, trade bodies or others who are beginning to make the changes that will shape the industry in years to come.
“Some people are always in the freight media. Are they disruptors, thinkers or is real change being effected being the scenes?
“We recently quoted an aviation professional who was not afraid of disruptors but felt challenged by them. In fact, as he pointed out, FedEx were once disruptors.”
Readers can submit the names of individuals, companies, trade bodies or others who are setting the agenda. A few words as to why they should be included would be welcome. Entries will be collated by ACW staff and the top influencers will be listed in our issue of September 24, our 1,000th issue.
Please read the criteria below before making your nomination:
- All individuals involved in the air cargo business are eligible to nominate persons for the A List.
- All members of the air cargo industry, past or present, are eligible for nomination.
- Include a short reason for your nomination.
- Successful nominees will be those who can be described as influencers, disrupters, thinkers outside the box or are making a special contribution to air cargo in some specialised area and/or to the business in general, going forward.
- Self-nomination is not allowed.
- The decision reached by the editor shall be final.
- The A List will be announced in ACW’s 1000th edition on September 24, 2018.
- Nominations must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or Air Cargo Week, Robert Denholm House, Bletchingley Road, Nutfield, Surrey RH1 4HW by August 31, 2018.