E2open announced today that it will acquire BluJay Solutions, a leading cloud-based, logistics execution platform.
BluJay is a logistics execution SaaS platform with comprehensive solutions for shippers, Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) and freight forwarders.
Together, E2open and BluJay will provide customers a strategic combination of supply chain planning and execution supported by a global trade network. Specifically, BluJay adds considerable capabilities to E2open’s platform, enhancing logistics execution including:
- Material increase in supply chain execution capabilities, especially in Transportation Management
- Complementary Global Trade Management platform encompassing customs declaration and filing
- Addition of key direct-to-consumer offerings including last mile, parcel and dropship commerce
- Expansion of global transportation network with 50 thousand network participants, $40 billion in annual commerce spend and 1.9 billion annual transactions
- Extension of E2open’s network to include Over-the-Road trucking and complementary air transportation, enabling complete visibility from truckloads to intermodal shipments
- Enhanced value proposition to customers by broadening access to proprietary data/analytics
“We’re very excited about combining E2open’s end-to-end platform and large trading partner network with BluJay’s unique logistics execution software and look forward to sharing more details on how this combination will enable our customers to derive significant benefits. Until the transaction closes, which is expected in the third quarter of 2021, the companies will continue to operate independently,” said Michael Farlekas
President and CEO.
“We will continue to strive to deliver our vision of a networked platform on which organisations can operate their end-to-end operations in real time.”