Frankfurt-Hahn sets up task force as it looks to boost business

0
182
First flight at Frankfurt-Hahn Airport from Xi'an to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport Suparna Airlines (Photo courtesy of Linda Hammer)
First flight at Frankfurt-Hahn Airport from Xi'an to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport Suparna Airlines (Photo courtesy of Linda Hammer)

A new task force has been set up at Frankfurt-Hahn Airport led by chief operation officer, Christoph Goetzmann as it looks to promote the gateway as an alternative hub for airfreight in the Frankfurt region of Germany.

Goetzmann says in the upcoming months, the airport will introduce its improved service in a road show to all international airlines and a new hotline will allow clients to explore alternative options for airfreight via Frankfurt-Hahn.

The airport says it is becoming a “major gateway“ for airfreight transportation in the industrial heart of Europe and with direct highway connections to Frankfurt Airport by truck it allows for a much speedier transport of airfreight to its destination.

And it is located strategically at the ‘pentagon’ of five key countries in Europe (Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Germany), it believes it is the answer for logistics companies looking for alternatives to congested airfreight hubs like Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Paris.

Frankfurt-Hahn operated 24/7 without legal restrictions, which allows for departure and landing of cargo aircraft all day and night, compared with Frankfurt which is prohibited from departures and arrivals from 11pm to 5am.

Frankfurt-Hahn handled 58,000 tonnes between January and July this year, and has more than doubled its movement of goods compared to the same period in 2016.

Last year, it handled more than 80,000 tonnes of airfreight. In August 2017, HNA Airport Group took over the airport with a stake of 82.5 per cent. The state of Hesse holds the remaining 17.5 per cent.