RiverOak Strategic Partners has opened its consultation on proposals to revive Manston Airport as an airfreight hub with associated business aviation and passenger services.
Manston closed in May 2014 and has since been sold with plans to redevelop the site, but there has been a strong local campaign to reopen it.
US based RiverOak Investment Corp offered to act as an indemnity partner to the local authority, Thanet District Council to fund a Compulsory Purchase Order but this was rejected.
RiverOak Strategic Partners was established as a UK-registered joint venture company acquiring all rights and interested to pursue a Development Consent Order to acquire Manston, and is not affiliated with RiverOak Investment Corp.
The consultation opened on 12 June and continues until 23 June, and seven public events will be held as follows:
• The King’s Hall, Herne Bay, Wednesday 14 June 2pm-8pm
• The Pavilion, Broadstairs, Thursday 15 June 2pm-8pm
• Cliffsend Village Hall, Friday 16 June 2pm-8pm
• The Sands Hotel, Margate, Saturday 17 June 10am-2pm
• The Guildhall, Sandwich, Tuesday 20 June 2pm-8pm
• Abode Hotel, Canterbury, Thursday 22 June 2pm-8pm
• The Comfort Inn, Ramsgate, Saturday 24 June 10am-2pm
RiverOak Strategic Partners director, George Yerrall says: “The consultation is very important to us as it allows the local community to scrutinise our proposals and share their views and thoughts with us.”
“This, in turn, will enable us to refine our proposals further before submitting the Development Consent Order application to the Planning Inspectorate, later this year.”
RiverOak has also made its consultation documents available online, click here.