UPS Express Critical service has launched in Europe for time-critical shipments that require special handling, such as an aircraft part needed for a flight or a surgical tool needed in an operating room.
A UPS team will assess the shipping request through a round-the-clock contact centre, identify transportation alternatives and implement a delivery solution that meets time and cost requirements.
UPS Express Critical options include a personal courier who can carry the shipment by hand from origin to destination on a commercial flight.
UPS vice president for logistics and distribution in Europe, Africa and the Indian Subcontinent and the Middle East, Boris Dobberstein says: “With the launch of UPS Express Critical service, our customers in Europe can quickly find a way to get their critical shipments to their destination, balancing speed and cost.
“For many of our customers, speed to market determines how successfully they can reach customers and grow their business.”
To get critical shipments to their destinations on time, UPS Express Critical in Europe will offer the following services:
• air charter management, including massive cargo planes for oversized shipments
• door-to-door service for nearly any size shipment
• end-of-runway intercept service: the shipment is picked up at the end of the runway to speed up transport to the final destination
• specialised vehicles with door-to-door ground transportation within Europe
• increased security and insurance services through UPS Capital