In less than eight weeks, the global aviation community will reunite at World Routes in Milan. Over 185 carriers are expected to attend the event and engage in conversations with airports and destinations during both in-person and virtual meetings, which will support the recovery of global air connectivity. With millions of jobs dependent on a strong restart of the travel industry, World Routes will unite decision-makers from airlines, airports, and destinations to define recovery strategies.
Senior network planners who have recognised the unique opportunity that World Routes presents to meet with airport and tourism partners, and have already confirmed their attendance at the event include:
- Director, International Network Planning, American Airlines
- Head of Planning, Breeze Airways
- Network Planning Team Leader, British Airways
- Senior Director Planning & Alliances, Copa Airlines
- Director Network Planning, Eurowings Discover
- Vice President, Network Planning, JetBlue Airways
- Director of Airport Affairs, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Director of Commercial Strategy, LATAM
- Director of Route Development, Ryanair
- Senior Director Network, Schedules & Alliances, TAP Portugal
- Network Planning Director, Volotea
- Head of Network & Scheduling, Wizz Air
“Our ability to consistently unite decision-makers from the route development community, means Routes continues to influence the world’s air services; with over 3,500 new air services are connected to meetings at Routes events in the last three years alone,” says Steven Small, brand director for routes. “The number of airlines and the seniority of the airline delegates confirmed to attend World Routes in Milan demonstrates the importance of in-person meetings to help overcome the impact of this pandemic.”
In addition to meetings, there will be a strong conference programme; airline CEOs including Wizz Air’s József Váradi and Air Dolimiti’s Joerg Eberhart will deliver keynote addresses, highlighting how their respective carriers have adapted to the pandemic. Networking sessions including a welcome reception and formal evening will also support airports, destinations and suppliers in fostering new and developing existing business relationships with their target airlines.